Advice and Support
The New Front Door for Early Help and Social Care
BCP Children's Services First Response Hub
If you require support in agreeing an Early Help offer or if you have concerns about the safety or welfare of children and young people, the Children’s Services First Response Hub is the first point of contact for everyone, providing access to all services for children and families living in Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
The Children’s Services First Response Hub provides the public and professionals with advice, information and support for children who are vulnerable and at risk and is made up of the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Early Help Team who provide:
- a prompt response when children or young people are considered to be at risk of harm
- advice and support for practitioners in agreeing an early help offer for children and young people
- simpler access to advice and support
Contact the Childrens Services First Response Hub:
- if you are worried a child or young person is at risk of, or is being hurt or abused
- if you know of a child or young person who may be vulnerable without additional help and support
- if you want to know more about the services available to support children, young people and their families
Member of the public can telephone or e-mail the team. Professionals must complete the Inter-Agency Referral Form.
For urgent referrals in relation to child protection: In an emergency, or if you believe a child is at immediate risk of harm, call the police on 999.
Out Of Hours
The emergency response service for any child who is in crisis, needs urgent help or is at serious risk of significant harm. Hours of operation are 5.00pm to 9.00am from Monday to Friday, all day Saturdays and Sundays and all bank holidays, including Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
An Out of Hours Guide for Professionals