Services That Can Help
Housing Options in BCP (Bournemouth Residents) provide information, advice and guidance on housing and services for people living in the private rented sector, social housing or are homeless.
They work with Landlords to address poor quality housing and tenancy issues. They will advise people on available housing options, this includes the Rent Deposit Scheme.
Housing Options Team
Their focus is prevention of homelessness – Early Help. The earlier an issue is raised with this team the better the chance of avoiding crisis, e.g. loss of tenancy.
Bournemouth 01202 451467
Christchurch 01202 795213 (or 01202 795000 for out of hours) firstname.lastname@example.org
Poole 01202 633804 (or 0800 506050 for out of hours) email@example.com
Housing Support Services for Young People 16 to 18 years
Referrals are made online through the SP Hub which coordinates access into supported housing in bournemouth.
Shelter helps people struggling with bad housing or homelessness through advice, support and legal services to support appeals.
Facts about Housing in BCP (Bournemouth area):
- The Council Customer Contact Centre based at Bournemouth Town Hall has 1000 face to face housing enquiries per month.
- the Bournemouth area of BCP has 7,500 Social Housing units which includes Council owned and Housing Association. Of which one thousand are for senior living.
- BCP Housing Services for the Bournemouth area have three thousand five hundred applicants waiting
- They have less than three hundred and fifty vacancies per year for allocation to families.
- An average waiting time for a two-bed flat is eighteen months
- An average waiting time for a two-bed house is three years
- An average waiting time for a three-bed house is five years
- An average waiting time for a four-bed house is seven years
- An average waiting time for a five-bed house is 8 years